Sean Armstead is the co-owner of Phenomenal Fitness, a personal training gym located in the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago. A former U.S. Marine Corps Captain, Sean has received several fitness-related awards, and has over 15 years of personal training experience. His expertise is further evidenced by the numerous personal training, fitness, and nutrition certifications he holds, which include:
|Photos of Sean Armstead
- PTA Global Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Personal Trainer-National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified Personal Trainer -National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Nutrition and LifeStyle Coach Level II -Chek Institute.
- Russian Kettlebell Challenge Certification
- Certified Kettlebell Trainer -International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation
- Certified Coach – American Kettlebell Club
- Master Trainer – American Kettlebell Club
- SCW Mania 2010 Kettlebell Chief Instructor
- 1st Place June 27, 2009 Georgia State Kettlebell Lifting Championship 90+ kilo (Biathlon)
- 1st Place World Kettlebell Lifting Championship August 29, 2009 Chicago, IL 90+ (Biathlon)
- 1st Place Toledo Kettlebell Midwest Open January 30, 2010 (Long Cycle)
Additionally, Sean has completed extensive coursework in Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT).
In addition to a full roster of personal training clients, Sean currently serves as the Illinois State Director for the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as well as the Great Lakes Regional Coordinator for the NSCA.
Sean has been a frequent fitness contributor for Fox News in the Morning, CBS, NBC, and ABC Morning News. He has been a weekly guest on the air with Tony Sculfield (WCGI-FM) answering listeners’ fitness-related questions and sharing valuable information. He is a consistently sought-after speaker and guest lecturer on topics ranging from strength development and weight loss to overall health and fitness.
In his personal training practice, Sean passionately discovers effective training methods and develops innovative exercise techniques to help each client achieve the highest possible level of fitness while improving structural integrity. Sean’s holistic approach to fitness is attentive to the client’s mind, body, and spirit. He subscribes to the belief that all three must operate in harmony if true fitness is to be achieved. Sean’s creed is: “The heart of a successful conditioning program is commitment, consistency and correctness.”